Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Awful Day

So far, I've not written about my little brother here.  Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the sudden out pouring of affection that follows these kinds of emotional dumps, so I generally avoid them all together.  I don't dislike affection, I just hate asking for it - and in a way, that is what this does.  So please forgive me for not responding to any comments.

A little over 6 months ago, my little brother Patrick passed away.  His story is full of ups and downs, laughter and tears, but for 25 and 1/2 years I was his big sister and that is what really matters.  I mothered him too much, he annoyed me too much, but we also had some fantastic and embarrassing inside jokes that I would never dare to share with anyone else.

Today would have been is 26th birthday.

I don't really have anything else to say about that.  I just miss him.  There is a big hole in my heart and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.  For those of you who know me best, not being able to do anything is when I'm at my worst.

I love you, Ping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment