Monday, October 29, 2012

C-ville

Little Man and I took a quick road trip down to Charlottesville to see some friends a few weeks ago.  These friends used to be in DC, then moved to Kansas, and now they are back in Virginia!  Hooray!

They also have a new addition to the family that I needed to meet, and their firstborn and our LM needed to meet and become buddies for the first time!  So, off we trekked while Frank went to a Red Skins game.

 The new addition - sweet little sleeper!

I wish I could say that the drive down was uneventful, but it was not.  I'll spare you the full story (and the photographic evidence) and just say that I learned my son may struggle with carsickness and maybe cheesy eggs and milk aren't the best breakfast immediately before getting into the car.  The result of this enormous mistake was a new car seat (luckily the exit we "chose" had a Babies R Us), major use of my friend's washing machine, and the boys getting to take a bath together after lunch!  Hooray!

How cute are those little men?!

 And their not-on-purpose-matching-diapers?  Too cute!

Ugh, it was awful.  But worth it in the end!

The boys got along well, the new addition was so sweet and quiet that I kept forgetting he was there, and I got to spend some serious quality time with my friends!


 Playing with 'choo choos' was a big hit!


I hope to get to go back to C-ville again soon, and take Frank, too.  And this time we'll have plain waffles for breakfast about an hour before we get in the car!

1 comment:

  1. yay!! we had so much fun too! I can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete