Monday, April 25, 2011

Full Time Job

So, I've had a few jobs in my life, honestly more than I can count. This is the first time I've ever had a 24 hour job and it is HARD! Don't get me wrong, it is also the most rewarding job I've ever had (and he isn't even cooing at me yet) and I love it, but it is hard and there is no retiring at the end of it.

LM has started to give me some challenges, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing of major concern, but he did finally tire of being the perfect angel child that he was when we brought him home. I think it may have something to do with 1. sin nature 2. I'm new at this 3. he's the only one getting enough sleep around here 4. my mommy went home.

I'm grateful that being a mom is a full time job with no option to retire because I would be completely lost without mine. Just today she was able to save the day, from 450 miles away and through a hail of tears, anger, frustration from me. She reminded me that the dishes can wait, the baby won't disintegrate if he doesn't get a bath today, I'm smarter than him, that I can do this, and that I've got lots of prayer in our corner. It sounds simple, but I needed to hear it.

Thanks, Mom, thanks for not retiring and still being there for me while I figure this job out!


1 comment:

  1. This is a great post, Annie! Your mom talked me through both my babies, too.

    ReplyDelete