Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This was my first Mother's Day and it was great! I heard from lots of friends and family, got a sweet card from my husband and son, and did lots of fun stuff on Saturday and Sunday!

Saturday began with a Mother's Day weekend treat for me, breakfast at Bob & Edith's Diner! We strapped LM to Frank with the Moby and walked down to Columbia Pike. The breakfast was tasty and it was fun to be out with my two men! The rest of the morning was spent doing something I love...cleaning, reorganizing, and moving furniture! My wonderful husband, who knows that accomplishing tasks makes me happy, happily assisted me with the various projects.
After getting good and gross, we decided to clean up and attend a Derby party at our friend Anna's apartment. I'm SO glad we went! It was nice go get out and socialize, and with Little Man being as easy going as he is he was a dream the entire time (he mostly slept, per his self-ascribed nap schedule). I don't have a hat, and keep meaning to get one...maybe by next year!


Saturday night was the first time that he almost made it through the night, but that meant lots of waking up to squirm and fuss, which means lots of awake time for me as I gage the situation and decide if he really needed me or not (usually it was not).

Sunday included a little more moving/organizing, then we took another long walk to meet an old friend for lunch. We plopped LM into the Bob (our first Bob outing!), leashed up the hounds, and took off on the 1.3 mile walk to Baja Fresh. It is a nice distance and it was a perfect day for a walk, warm enough without being hot and slightly overcast.

Waiting for us at Baja was my friend, Elizabeth! We grew up next door to each other in SC, and lived together one summer in Chapel Hill after college. We don't get to see each other often as she is in Atlanta, so it was a great treat to get to have lunch with her while she was in town! We also got to meet her boyfriend (finally!) that I've been hearing about for years now! I will say, he lived up to the hype - AND no one ever mentioned that he works for chick-fil-a...that is what Frank calls "burying the lead"!


It was so fun to visit with them, and I'm glad that they got to meet LM when he is still so little. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get to see them again this summer when we go to SC!

We walked back home and ended the day with a few episodes of Cheers (we're watching the entire series on Netflix - I LOVE Coach!). All in all, a great weekend thanks to LM, Frank, and my awesome friends!

I hope all of you other moms had a great weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment