Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Nursery

The nursery is coming along. Since we thought we'd be moving at the end of April, I didn't put my time into creating a nursery for Little Man. Now that we know we're staying for two more years I'm trying to get it all together before I have to go back to work!

The owl fabric is still the main motif, though I think I'm doing a pretty good job of not letting it overwhelm the space.

Mom and Patrick painted the four owls for Little Man, and they are now hung on the wall! We also have his pennants up along the top of three walls, and the fourth wall will soon be adorned with his monogram.

We bought a dresser for him, and so our final big piece is the crib. After a little more shuffling, I'll be ready for the big reveal - and relieved to have everything finished!

I'm still proud of myself for managing to keep the cost of his room down. We used a lot of things we already had, did some bargain hunting, and kept it simple. Go us!

1 comment: