Saturday, June 4, 2011

Truckeroo

We went to Truckeroo last night! Turns out that during the summer, there is a monthly food truck gathering down by Nationals Park. A friend of ours posted something about it and we decided to check it out.

We originally planned to go for lunch, but the husbands decided that they wanted to come, too, so lunch became dinner. It worked out so well to do dinner! We managed to get there by about 6pm, thereby beating the crowds and getting seats at a table.


Frank and our two friends all got in line at the lobster truck and had lobster rolls. They all raved about them, so I suppose that is good. I, personally, am not a fan of lobster rolls - between the lobster being cold and the addition of mayonnaise, it just isn't my favorite. I had a buffalo chicken wrap (shocking, I know) that was tasty and not at all messy!


Then there was pie. Apple Caramel Crumb and Strawberry/Rhubarb - both tasty, but not entirely earth shattering. This lead my friend and I to decide to open our own pie business in Arlington. I think there is some major opportunity there, but I won't say more because I don't want to give away our awesome business plan. :)


Henry made the trip in the Ergo, sleeping about half of the time and just looking around the other half.

All in all, a very successful outing and one we hope to attempt again next month! Truckeroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment