Saturday, July 2, 2011

An Anniversary of Sorts

Five years ago, I blinked.

Frank and I had been dating for a little while, but as we were both fresh out of other relationships we were keeping it as casual as possible. After an embarrassingly short period of time, I caved and asked Frank if he would be my boyfriend.

I cringed typing that because I feel so dorky.

I guess it is ok though, because things seem to have worked out for us. And besides, a year after that Frank caved and bought an engagement ring (something he swore he never wanted to do, at least not a diamond).

There are times when I cannot believe that it was only 5 years ago that we became an official couple, then at other times I can't remember what it was like before we were together.

Thanks for the last 5 years, Frank, and for agreeing to be my boyfriend!

2 comments:

  1. yeah. Thanks, Frank! We LOVE having you in the family. So glad you took Annie up on her offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-reading my post this morning, it seems possibly sarcastic...Drat! Did not mean it that way at all. SO very grateful for the moment that moved Annie to ask you, Frank to be her boyfriend! It has been and continues to be a joy to have the Webb branch of our family--we love you and we miss you terribly. xoxo and Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete