Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Trot

The training didn't really happen...but I managed to pull it off anyway! I'm proud to say that I ran most of the race, walked a bit in the middle, my guess is about half a mile.

Coming up the hill, almost to the first mile marker

It was a lot more fun than I expected, so now I'm on the hunt for my next 5k and someone to run it with me! I started out with my neighbor and her friend, but they were planning to walk so I lost them after about the first half mile. Then two of my friends and their dogs caught up to me, but they only stuck with me for about a quarter mile because they are supper fast triathletes and there was no way I could keep up with their pace. Finally, another one of my friends skipped ahead and caught up to me and we ran for a while longer.

Yes, that is an old lady in front of us.

I don't think I'm going to start running all of the time, and I don't think I want to run much farther than 3.1 miles (maybe up to 5?) but at least now I know that I can do a 5k and be happy about it!

This is us passing the old lady. Boo-yeah.

Little Man was along for the ride and stayed awake the entire time - I think that is due to the number of people and dogs to watch.

We finished! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Proud of you both...and a little envious--of you both! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete