Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Excited About: Shoe Edition

It is Friday, and I'm going to try harder to keep up this "I'm excited about..." thing, so here goes!
I'm excited about two pair of shoes I just bought. A friend of mine is getting married in July and has decided that her bridesmaids should wear silver shoes - it came down to gold or silver. We're wearing awesome J Crew dresses in "fresh mint" which is a dainty green color. I think the silver will be nice, and convenient for me since most of my jewelry is silver/white gold/platinum!

Anyway, I started doing internet searches for silver shoes and had a hard time finding something that matched the image in my head. Then, I went to the Payless around the corner from my office and struck GOLD! or, SILVER!

I found a great pair of strappy heels that will do just the trick. They have enough points of contact on my foot that I think they'll be as comfy as strappy heels can be, they are the right amount of sheen without being sparkly mixed with the right amount of flat without being grey, and they are cuuuuuute.

The bonus here is that Payless has their Buy One Get One half off deal - and I found an adorable pair of silver flats for $9 - $4.50 after the discount, too! This means that if my cuuuuute shoes turn out to be painful, I have another cute pair of shoes to wear during the reception without being in my flippy-floppies! woo hoo!

1 comment: