Monday, January 11, 2010

The Mountains Win Again

Only by "mountains" I mean mountains of boxes. They are beginning to take over my life. After 10 days of casual packing, this is what our home looks like.






Casual packing, in case you don't know, is the kind of packing that happens around the rest of your life at a relaxed pace. It occurs as a way to avoid the chaos of frantic packing up against the deadline of moving.

My hope is to not discover any full cabinets on moving day. So far I'm doing pretty well - a few empty bookshelves, some empty cabinets, and TWO empty linen closets!

I've done lots of laundry, lots of dishes, and I've managed to come down with a cold/soar throat/winter crud. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to do a little more packing today, but I may lay low and just focus on work and rest.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. those are some mountains! Wishing I could run up to help...you're doing great and I hope the "crud" goes away before your trip. Take care of you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete