Monday, January 4, 2010

I never knew cold until this week

Let me refresh your memory with the snowpacolypse we had in December.


This is a picture of a fire hydrant - and it continued to snow after this picture was taken...


And this is my knee (I'm wearing two pairs of pants), proving how high the snow was.


Right now, I would gladly go back to the balmy temperatures we experienced during the snowpacolypse because it has not been above 30 degrees in DAAAAAAYS and with the wind chill (winds up to 30mph, mind you) has kept it in the single digits.

This kind of cold takes your breath away when you step outside, and it doesn't matter how many layers you are wearing, or how many wool scarves you managed to put on at once. I saw a baby at church in a lambs wool sleeping bag and I wondered for a moment if I could make one for myself. But that would require going to JoAnn's and I would have to go outside twice to get from the car to the store and then from the store to the car. Just in case you are curious, I still don't have my own personal lambs wool sleeping bag.

We're moving in 25 days, I'm praying for a heat wave to take us to at least 38 degrees. Something above freezing, something livable. And if we don't get it, I may be hiring day laborers to do the moving part while I stand inside and direct traffic, sending the boxes to the right rooms.

Anyway - here is a less whiny note with with to end the post.

Christmas puppies! (not puppies given as gifts, that is often a bad idea - these are puppies that are already loved and owned who just happen to like to nap near fireplaces and Christmas trees)




2 comments: