Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baby Food

I had my first adventure in making baby food last week. It was pretty easy and really truly took about 20 minutes. Granted, our nanny was here so I was able to focus solely on my task the entire time, but it was quick enough that I think I could manage to do it once LM is down for the night or even just napping.

We started with carrots. Frank brought home a bag of baby carrots and I got to work. I boiled the carrots (you can also steam them but that would require an additional trip down to the basement and back and another thing to clean...so I boiled them) for about 12 minutes, until they were soft. (gross)

Then I threw them into the food processor and....processed them. That is it! I added a little bit of the carrot water to the mix to help break things down while processing, then I used a spoon to divide the carrots into serving size containers for freezing.

Now I have 14 servings of carrots in the freezer, just waiting to be thawed and consumed. All for about $2.00.

Our next try will be sweet potato (we already know he likes them), then maybe something green...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment