Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Truckeroo 4

Truckeroo 4 was not as awesome as the first 2 we attended. This was mostly due to three things:

1. It was cold. Even before the sun set, it was chilly and windy. When the sun went down, it was down right cold. I was not dressed for cold weather, and while LM was wearing extra layers he wasn't wearing enough warm layers to hang out for too long.

2. It was crowded. Truckeroo has been getting lots of press, positive press, and rightly so! It is a fun evening that does something I've never seen another DC event do - it crosses all social boundaries! Everyone loves food trucks, and so everyone comes to Truckeroo. I think we'll have to start attending during the day to make this a worthwhile event for us. That would require me to take time off of work, so maybe it will be a once a summer thing for us going forward.

3. My so-far-favorite truck didn't have my favorite dish available. I have been waiting for this dish (goat cheese mac n cheese with swiss chard and garlic chicken) for WEEEEEKS. Needless to say, I was bummed when they didn't have it listed on their menu for the day. I'll be writing a letter to management to voice my displeasure (actually, I'll just tweet at them, they'll get it faster).

All in all, the Truckeroo experience has been a fun one and I hope they will do it again next year! Maybe they'll start earlier in the spring, too. And maybe they'll do a Saturday offering for those of us working parents....something else to tweet, I'm full of tweets today.

No comments:

Post a Comment