Friday, October 7, 2011

Unintended Compliments

I try not to brag here, at least not about myself, but I can't contain just how flattered I was the other day when a friend unintentionally paid me an enormous compliment. I happen to think that the unintended compliments are the best, so natural and just wonderful in their nature.

I was at a the baby shower I was co-hosting and a friend who had her second baby in July just looked at me and asked "how did you lose the weight"?

Might not seem like a compliment to you, but to me it was a HUGE compliment! I worked really hard to drop as much baby weight as I could before my brother's wedding and before I had to go back to work. And even though I'm still carrying an extra 10lbs (which I've decided to not try to lose until we're finished nursing), I feel pretty good about the shape I'm in. (sometimes I get down on my pudge, I can't help it)

I was so flattered to be asked the question because the question assumes that I have lost most of the weight.

Once I gave my answer (Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred), my friend said "now, I gained 50 lbs with this baby" and I laughed and said "I gained 46 - it works, I promise"!

The best part was that this conversation was had over the most delicious apple cup-pies I've ever had. And that is how I'm going to hang onto those last 10lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment