Tuesday, March 2, 2010

After: Dining Room (and other musings)

It has been a few weeks of ups and downs here in Casa de Webb. Frank and I have both been dealing with various illnesses that seem to drag on, almost go away, and then come back for another round. Frank is not sick often, but even he had quite the fever going earlier last week.

We haven't let the crud get us completely down though, we attended our third and final Barrister's Ball (prom for law school) and Frank looked quite handsome in his tux


That is the only picture I took that night - but isn't it amazing how he manages to look so handsome when he is rearranging his wallet?! I'm so lucky

We also got some more work done around the house. The bathroom got the shelving unit it needed and now I feel a little more sane. Still looking for something under the sink, but at this point it can wait.


I finished painting the dining room and I love love love how it turned out. The red is perfect and the soft cream above keeps the room light and airy. We bought a rug for the room, and now I just have to get my tush in gear to get my mom measurements and color samples so she can buy fabric for the curtains! (Thanks mom!)


We put some stuff on the walls, too. Mom's water colors by the table and my StoryPeople in the corner. I'm not sure if that is where the water colors will stay - depends on the balance once the curtains are up.



The rug hasn't been placed in its final spot yet, hence the rolled end by the china cabinet (can I call it that just because that is how I'm using it? I think I will.)


And my new favorite wall hanging - a gift from Nana -hangs over the archway in the dining room, looking into the living room. I love it, and I love how perfect it looks in that spot!

2 comments:

  1. What StoryPeople is that?? It looks like the one I have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and the basement too. One teeny problem, sweetie-peetie, my offer was to find and purchase curtain material and lining. Don't recall offering to actually sew the things!! We'll need to talk about that!! ;-0

    ReplyDelete