Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Washington can do to You

I've lived here for a little over 4 years, worked in the city for a little over 3 years, and it has changed me.

I voted in the presidential primaries. That wasn't strange. What was strange was that I voted in the Democratic primary, and I voted for Hillary Clinton.

I feel like I just went to confession or something. I feel better, but I feel like I should be saying "Hail Mary"s and "Our Father"s.

The reason I am confessing this awful thing now, is that I find myself in that kind of situation again now. With Health Care Reform.

It is atrocious; the proposals, the deals, the attempts to bypass all normal procedure, even to bypass the normal unorthodox procedure, it is all awful. But I want it to keep going.

The longer the country and Congress are focused on Health Care, be it for or against, the more they leave the financial services industry alone. See? Is it starting to make sense?

Just like in the Democratic primary, I've seen what I think the result is on one side so I'm pulling for the most drawn out and painful destruction of the other side.

And sometimes that means I say things like "Thank goodness for health care," and my other friends in financial services say "I know, keep it coming!"

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I think I get the second part...but you voted for Hillary?? Don't tell Papa! He might make you go to confession for real!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete