Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fatty Got Married!

My friend Catherine married her best friend, Erik, this past weekend and it was awesome! I'm so excited for them, and so glad that they live so close to us. It was a fantastic event full of college friends, both from Salem and the Citadel.

The wedding was at Summerall Chapel at The Citadel. It was simple and beautiful, and was completed with the Summerall Guards' sword archway (including a smack on the bottom for Catherine).



The reception was in Mt. Pleasant at a beautiful club on a creek. The music was fantastic and we all danced the night away! My feet still hurt, and it was totally worth it. I snapped this picture of Cat and Erik as the photographer was ushering them out onto the dock before sunset. I was on the porch of the house, looking through a gorgeous old tree with spanish moss and tea candles hanging down. It was like a magazine shoot!


Here are two for mom; me & Frank, and me & Winters



The bridesmaids looked beautiful and carried the party through the night! The band was awesome, we really could not have asked for a better party! They even got Erik (and a few friends) to lay on their backs during "Shout!"


The band played Rocky Top - Greg is from TN...things got a little out of hand for a few minutes there, but we all enjoyed it! I hope that the floors can be buffed, Greg left half of his soles out there.


On long drive home, Frank and I stopped at Parkers in Wilson, NC for some BBQ. We got a couple teas to go.....


I didn't realize Frank had ordered the "bucket-o-tea" option.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you. LOVED it all, but esp. the pics of you and Frank and you and Winters. Terrific! So glad you had such a nice time. (So glad you agree with my taste in dresses for you!) you looked beautiful, as did Winters. And what to say about my handsome son-in-law?? A tux is made for him! love to you both, Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great wedding and a fun weekend! Charleston weddings are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete