Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Check

Frank and I were supposed to go see the Terra Cotta Warriors today but it was snowed out. Our tickets have been rain checked for Monday and Tuesday night. We'll be going on Monday night, as we'll be driving to SC on Tuesday night.

So, instead of trekking into the city today we stayed here and did mostly nothing. There are at least 20 inches of snow on the ground already, and it hasn't stopped yet. Sunday school has been canceled and our church is only having one service but suggesting that we all tune in on the radio to avoid driving in this mess.

Most of you know that I am not a fan of snow and this storm (blizzard?) is no different. It hasn't even had the decency to be nice snow! It has come with a lot of wind and little tiny snow flakes that get in your eyes - none of the nice, big, floating snow flakes that you see in movies and post cards. There are drifts around our complex as tall as me, the fire hydrant near our apartment is completely covered, and my dog looks like a dolphin leaping through the snow that is taller than him.



(Yes, that is me out there with him, and yes, I kicked snow at him - it usually inspires him to run around more and chase me, which is what I was going for.)

Even though he can't see where he's going, he seems to love playing in the snow! He buries his nose in it, bounds around in it, and whines to go back out as soon as we bring him inside.


Please notice that the snow is up to my knees in this picture - and this was in the afternoon. It is 10:45pm and still snowing.

Frank and I take turns taking him out while the other take pictures and video from the warmth of our apartment.


The funniest part is that the only way we can tell that he is 'doing his business' is that he stops moving, holds really still, stares straight ahead, and keeps his tail at a perfect salute.

I'm looking forward to having a yard for H, I only wish we had it now so that he could play out there until his little heart is content. For now he gets to romp every few hours for a good 30-45 minutes at a time, as that is as long as Frank or I can stand to be out there!

2 comments:

  1. LosingWeightintheCity.comDecember 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

    your blog feels neglected. it told me so.

    ReplyDelete