Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Charlie Brown Christmas

I don't know if you've heard, but President Obama's speech to the nation is officially bumping ABC's airing of A Charlie Brown Christmas. The audacity that man has!

It got me thinking that it was time to decorate for Christmas in the apartment. The good news: it didn't take long. The bad news: our apartment doesn't look very Christmasy.

It kind of comes back around to A Charlie Brown Christmas! Our apartment is the equivalent of the sad little Charlie Brown tree, pre-decoration. We have our stockings hanging over the fireplace, two red-sparkly-ornament-shaped candles (from Nana) on the coffee table, holiday towels in the bathroom, and the Holy Family in the center of the kitchen table surrounded by red/crimson place mats....and that is it.

No tree because we're spending Christmas in South Carolina, which means no lights and no ornaments, no tree skirt, no presents under the tree.

I'm hoping to get a wreath for the door, but that won't help the inside of the apartment. I think I'll pick up some fake garland to drape somewhere and put lights on it. This place needs some twinkle!

Maybe I'll remember to do some discount shopping for Christmasy things after Christmas this year so that next year I won't have the Charlie Brown problem.

Merry Christmas to you and yours - I hope your house twinkles!

3 comments:

  1. LosingWeightintheCity.comDecember 1, 2009 at 11:08 PM

    get a fake little christmas tree and bring it out every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I remember....and relate...only we had this big ol' duplex, scant furniture, and no decorations. A friend took pity on me and made a door wreath. It was fabric and lime green and yellow. I wanted magnolia leaves and berries like Nana did every year...I promise you this: when I get home from Pawleys I will twinkle up this house to bits. Maybe even put lights outside. Remember the year Rob did the dogwood tree? In the meantime, candycanes in white mugs look festive, as do Christmas candies in glass bowls. Use your red pitcher and put something green in it....and count down to our time together! love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way... new big house, no decorations, no money to spend since I need it for gifts. Can't wait for those after-Christmas sales! Love you Big Sis! :)

    ReplyDelete