Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crafts, Decisions, and Dress Up

I've started some serious crafting lately. With my sewing circle at church I've made two aprons, hemmed pants, sewn shirts shut, and the list goes on! I'm making my own costume(s) for Halloween this year and I've started on one of them already.

I went to Walmart and bought some simple silver flats. Then I painted them red


Next I used these things...


And now I have these!


All for less than half of what it costs to buy costume ruby red slippers! Hooray! They will get a treatment of aerosol hair spray when they are dry so that I don't leave a trail of red sparkles everywhere I go.

Then I held auditions for Toto


Um...don't call us, we'll call you?

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed catching up with your blog. Way to go with your glittery shoes! Can't wait to see the rest of your "get-up." You didn't say who Frank is going to be...tin man, scare crow? NOT the cowardly lion, I trust. Hamiton makes a funny Toto. Do they have baskets big enough for him? Could you carry it? Doubt that. So sorry your teachers are so awful. That is truly a waste. All for now. Thanks for announcing your post. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete