Monday, November 2, 2009

It is almost time

A while ago I told you that my hair has gotten way long and that I had planned to cut off 8 inches to donate to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program.

My decision to do this is multi-layered:
-my hair is way way way too long
-my too long hair is driving my poor husband crazy because it is everywhere and sticks to everything
-I'm not willing to commit the time I would need to manage hair of this length on a daily basis
-I had a friend lose her hair in junior high school due to cancer and while she managed it like nothing ever happened, not everyone can make the 'full head of hair to bald' transition as well as she did
-I have pretty great hair, it is a nice color, it holds curl, and I haven't dyed it since that one time in college so it is pretty darn healthy, too!
-I promised Frank that I would get it cut before the Crosby/Dziok wedding (which is this weekend!!)
-Halloween is over and I no longer need to look like Dorothy

The appointment is set for Thursday at 1pm. I'm really nervous because I'm afraid they will cut it too short and I'll hate it - but a promise is a promise and I'm going for it!

I'll post before and after pictures after the big cut

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna look great! Haircuts are FUN! And besides, you are one of the lucky ones who can go short, medium, long, whatever, and still be beautiful. I can say that cuz I'm your mama! Call me Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LosingWeightintheCity.comNovember 3, 2009 at 11:25 PM

    multi-layered...haha :)

    ReplyDelete