Friday, November 20, 2009

One Down, One to Go!

My lack of blogging is due to my first of two term papers being due this past Wednesday. It ended up being 23 pages on the topic of "political theater" focusing on the current bills in Congress addressing the public funding of congressional campaigns. (H.R.1826 and S.752 if you are interested)

It was an interesting topic and that made it easier to crank out the work.

I'm so glad to be finished with that paper, though we are still scheduled for more readings (yeah, right) and 3 more classes. I've mentally checked out, all I have left in that course is to do a 5 minute presentation on my paper - no sweat!

My next paper is due December 3rd and will be easier to compile. It is an election analysis/prediction for Pennsylvania's 11th district congressional race. A good primary race combined with a volatile economic and political climate should make this paper nearly effortless.

I am hoping to get some work done on the paper before we head to Massachusetts so that our Thanksgiving break can actually be a break!

I feel like this grad program has been good for me and could help me in my chosen profession, I'm really glad it is almost over and I now know that I have absolutely no desire to ever go back to school again! (Please remind me of this post if I ever start talking about going back to school again)

No comments:

Post a Comment