Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cotton Anniversary

Monday, March 29th was our 2nd anniversary, which, according to tradition, is the "cotton" anniversary.

Frank gave me a beautiful bathrobe (exactly what I wanted), and I decided I would start making his t-shirt quilt. I know you should have the gift ready for the occasion, and I'm usually a big stickler for that...but I failed. Luckily, my husband is a pretty cool dude and he is happy to accept the gift at a slightly delayed date.

Here is what I have so far:


In case you aren't sure what you're looking at...you're looking at 20 t-shirt squares all cut to approximately the same size. They all have iron-on interfacing on the back which is what will save me from wanting to kill people later. If anyone reading this has ever tried to sew with knit, you know what I'm talking about.


I purchased navy cotton to be the borders between all of the shirts - we're still undecided on what the back/underside will be.

Here's hoping this gets done as quickly as I'd like. I need to have time to come up with something for next year!

3 comments:

  1. I have a Salem t-shirt quilt, and just used a king size sheet for the back. It was a stripe that coordinated with the in-between fabric on the front. I will use this thing until it disintegrates...great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific! So glad because you have wanted one of these forever!! xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd, it seems my comment was deleted. I love the quilt idea!! I think I should make one for Dave!

    ReplyDelete