Thursday, April 29, 2010

Failure

It has become clear to me that I need to schedule and plan out my blogging each week because if I wait for "something exciting" to happen I'm usually not near a computer and then I forget.

For now I'll promise to try harder. I'll also complain about the weather and tell you about my weekend plans.

The weather stinks! It is late April (almost May) and it is FREEZING here! As if this past winter wasn't torture enough, now spring pretends to arrive and then goes away again, making me pull sweaters and wool suits back out of storage.

Our house has been so cold for the past week that I've even considered switching back to the down comforter from the cotton one. Ugh.

This weekend is supposed to be nice...but I'll pack a coat just in case.

I'm going to Front Royal, VA for a women's retreat with our church. I'm pretty psyched about it for lots of reasons:
1. Lots of fun girls are going, we'll have a group of at least 8-10 in the 27-32 range.
2. S'mores on Saturday night.
3. A weekend long Beth Moore study on "loving well."
4. "free time" on Saturday during which I have been given permission to take a nap! (Thank goodness, I need the rest)
5. Back home by mid afternoon Sunday so I won't feel rushed on Monday.

I'm hoping and praying for nice weather, the kind where you wake up and it is a little chilly but the sun comes out and warms everything up nicely. But again, not holding my breath.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely. Atie and I have come to LOVE Beth Moore! My neighborhood group will be doing some of her stuff all summer and then her fabulous
    Breaking Free this fall. She is one inspired teacher! Hope the weather lives up to your expectations and that the fellowship is especially delightful. love always, Mom

    ReplyDelete