Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Herbivore

One of my dogs thinks he is a herbivore. I'll give you some hints:

1) I bought begonias and a hosta before Frank's graduation cookout. That was almost a month ago.

2) My begonias and hosta have been thriving in my lovely "patio garden."

3) Over the past 7 days, something has been waging war on my plants.

4) We got a new puppy 7 days ago.

5) I won't just tell you which one it is, but it starts with "R" and ends with "utledge."

This is what I found last night when I came home from sewing.


I think he actually ate what he could, then possibly climbed in for a nap. The stems are all broken or gnawed off, and it looks like someone flattened everything.


This hosta had at least 8 stems and leaves on it this morning. He had already taken of 4 or 5 in the last couple days, now this is all that is left.


It is adding insult to injury, really, considering that the pot this plant is in was broken by the other dog months ago and I carefully glued it all back together in order to bring it back to life. (The planter was a wedding gift from a wonderful family and I couldn't just let it meet such an early end!)

2 comments:

  1. HIlarious. You've got yourself a live grazer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Megan. Very amusing! More what I would expect from Caleb re/ the last 2 semi-thriving plants on the porch! Yes he has sat in the fern already and yes I thought of the time MC Hamster, or was it Birthday who lived in the fern for a couple of weeks??? Hope you can find a R----utledge safe place for your plants!

    ReplyDelete