Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Excited About: Home Updates

We have had a couple of updates to our lovely home in the last week or so, and I couldn't be happier with the results!

I found a hutch on CraigsList that matches a lot of the furniture we already have, and the price was perfect! We managed to get a wall shelf in the deal, too, and two small corner shelves!

The real hutch has replaced the bookshelf that I turned into a hutch. While I loved that shelf and it held everything well, it was a little wobbly and the puppies made me nervous every time they ran by a shook the shelf.


I love that it still has the top shelf where I can display some of the more decorative pieces, while keeping other pretty things in the glass cabinet where they won't get as dusty as they were before.


And it has lights under the glass cabinet over middle shelf (with my cook books and set of mixing bowls).


We're still undecided on where the wall shelf will go - a tie between the dining room and kitchen, and I'm starting to think it would work in the living room, too.


And what to do with the little corner shelves. Those may end up getting resold or given to charity, but I'm so happy with the hutch that I don't mind!


Another big win is that I finally recovered our headboard! It is no longer white and black, it is now khaki with navy palm trees. Now I need to get moving on a new duvet and curtains....we'll see how long that takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment