Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Movies

I love a good movie - and by "good movie" I don't mean Oscar worthy, tear jerking, soul moving, or life changing, I just mean something that makes me happy.

I feel like the cost of movies in theaters is so prohibative, though! Unless it is some huge epic film that won't translate as well on my tv, I usually try to wait until it comes up on Netflix. (Hopefully I'm going to see Despicable Me tomorrow for date night, I don't think I can wait any longer to see it)

That being said, I often forget about movies that I want to see between the time they are in theaters until they are released on DVD. Does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid that problem? I'm considering keeping a list somewhere on my blog, perhaps turning it into a movie review section (albeit a very late one, since most would be post-theater release reviews).

Perhaps that will be my new 'thing,' reviewing movies really really late and ignoring all of the other reviews that came out when the actual movie came out. Sounds like something at the perfect speed for my crazy life!

So, let me know what movies I should see - new and old - although be aware that I don't watch scary movies, or overly grotesque movies...my husband would tell you to just tell me what animated movies to watch, because that is what I'll be most interested in.

Anyway, lets see if I can get this movie reviewing thing off the ground

1 comment:

  1. Call Kimmie. If she and Zig haven't seen a movie, her parents have and have reviewed it for her. She knows exactly which ones to tell me about (i.e. latest advice was Leap Year) and you could add your additional (more open!) kind of movies to the kind she picks out for me. She has never missed--once!
    Call her every few weeks or so, and she'll give you a list to watch for on DVD.

    ReplyDelete