Thursday, July 22, 2010

Songs in My Head

I get songs stuck in my head very easily and then they don't go away for a long time.

Like right now, "Sugar Sugar" is stuck in my head and I have no idea why! I don't think I've heard it lately, but maybe it was playing in a restaurant or a passing car or something.

Last night I went to bed with Amy Grant's "Baby Baby" playing in my head because it is playing at the house party that Mr and Mrs Smith go to in the movie, Mr and Mrs Smith. It about drove me over the edge.

Earlier today I had "Louie Louie" playing, and that was thanks to someone I follow on Twitter mentioning the song in a tweet.

Although it seems that there is a requirement for the song to be both old and have a name that is the same word repeated, that is not the case. It is just as easy to get a refrain of a new song stuck in there, which can be even worse! Nothing is worse than having a song in your head and not being able to finish it.

Remember the South Park episode where Cartman had to finish "Come Sail Away" any time anyone started it? Well, that is how I feel about songs in my head - sometimes I can get relief from them if I sit there and focus through the end of the song.

I realize that this post may make it seem that I've come completely unhinged, but here's hoping that at least one other person out there is reading this and thinking "me too!" and "dang it! now I have "Baby Baby" stuck in MY head!" (sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment