Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm Excited About: Baby Stuff

This weekend I'm attending a baby shower for some friends of ours, then on Monday I'm going in for my 2nd trimester screenings appointment and hopefully another sonogram (or at least a doppler).

The baby shower rush that hit me during the last 12-18 months slowed down a few months ago so it has been a while since I've attended one. I'm really looking forward to this shower as it is a different group of people than usual - not that I don't love the 'usual' crowd, I'm just excited to see and meet new friends, too!

Speaking of the 'usual' crowd, I just have to mention that they are some of the coolest and kindest ladies you could ever hope to call your friends. As the news of our pregnancy made the rounds, I got calls, emails, and even cards from many of the women whose babies we've celebrated in this past year and a half. And the advice is priceless! They are all too sweet to offer advice, and they are right there for me with my endless list of questions and concerns.

I'll let you know how the next appointment goes, but don't hold your breath hoping to find out if we're having a boy or a girl - we're waiting for the birth to find out ourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Just in case you haven't noticed, I'm EXCITED too! I'm loving sharing this special journey with you, my child. I hope I get a chance to meet a whole lot of your wonderful friends---and their children!! Yippee! xo

    ReplyDelete