Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Status Update

Meant to do this on Saturday, but forgot.

16 weeks, 3 days along.
23 weeks, 4 days until 'due date'

I don't have another appointment until the end of this month so I don't have a weight update for you, but I can tell you that non-maternity clothes aren't cutting it anymore. I have a few skirts I can wear that sit below my now nonexistent waist, but other than that I'm wearing maternity jeans and dresses.

I few darling friends have offered loaner maternity clothes, which is a huge money saver and greatly appreciated! The four pieces I've purchased myself have set us back $120, but would have been $175 if not for a nifty coupon for Gap. You can see how acquiring an entirely new wardrobe for the next 6-9 months could get out of control financially, so I am continuing to shop sales and plan to hit some consignment shops around town to help cushion the blow.

It would be nice if I were allowed to wear jeans to work, but I'm not - and that is the ONLY thing that I don't love about this company and its policies toward pregnancy/maternity/family. Everything else is wonderful, so I try not to focus too much on the 'no jeans' policy.

Anyway, according to thebump.com the baby is approximately the size of an avocado. I think they mean the normal avocado, not the 'low fat' ones that are huge. 4-5 inches long, and 3-4 oz in weight.

I haven't felt movement yet, but it is becoming less comfortable to sleep on my stomach - something I will be sad to lose soon.

1 comment:

  1. Give the little Avocado a rub for me! I miss my conversations with your belly.

    ReplyDelete