Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm Excited About: Owls & Apples

I decided to make my own nursery bedding after fruitlessly looking for a set that appealed to me (that was not insanely expensive). So far I've chosen the fabric, purchased the bumper pads, and gone over the pattern for all of the pieces.


I was originally looking for a bright green gingham to be the complimentary fabric, but after scouring three different fabric stores I decided to go a different route. I chose yellow gingham! I even took a picture of it next to the main fabric, but somehow I deleted it just now. Cool.


Since our housing situation is still somewhat up in the air, the only plans we're making for the nursery involve the items that would move with us if we moved. I'll paint the walls back to a neutral/sand color to satisfy both the colors in the nursery and the possibility that we'll be moving again in early 2011.

The owls & apples will be the bumper cover, with the yellow gingham used for the ties. The yellow gingham will be the bed skirt, possibly with a line of owls & apples a couple inches up from the bottom (if I have enough fabric). The curtains will be a combination of the two, as will a throw pillow or two (for me in the rocker, not for the crib). And lastly, I've decided to make a ribbon board with the owls & apples - somewhere to keep all of the cards and things we've been receiving.

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm....how about the super awesome artwork on its way??? And the artist needs to know: 5 x 7 or 8 x 10? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooooooooo cute! I LOVE that fabric! LOVE IT! Yes...that's me being excited. LOL

    ReplyDelete