Saturday, November 13, 2010

Status Update

A week or so ago I began to notice a new feeling in my abdomen that was happening somewhat regularly. It took a while to figure out what it was because 1)I've never been pregnant before 2)It didn't feel like 'flutters' 3)pregnant women are gassy so I kind of wrote it off as gas 4)It felt like little muscle spasms so I sort of thought my uterus was having small growing pains/spasms

Anyway, turns out it is the kid! I can't say if it is kicks, punches, or flips but I do know that it is fetal movement. It happens most often mid morning, around dinner time, and when I lay down to go to sleep.

The coolest part, in my opinion, is that Frank can feel it now, too! It took a few days of trying before he felt it, but earlier this week it happened! It was neat to see him react to the feeling - it is still faint like a small misplaced heartbeat.

I'm doing my best to enjoy it now when it is small and only occasional. I know later I'll be begging the little person to stop so I can go to sleep!

Another milestone, passed.

I am 21 weeks pregnant, 19 weeks until the due date.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! Am jealous of Frank! However, one of my kids' mothers is pregnant and due in March and told me this week that I can touch her tummy every single week! Actually, at least three of the moms are preggers and very tolerant of my level of excitement and requests to touch! I promise I won't follow you around at Thanksgiving with one hand glued to your abdomen! xoxo to the 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete