Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Disaster!

I attended a holiday reception last night for a group of PAC people, and while I had a lovely time chatting with friends and colleagues and meeting new ones, disaster struck.

It was almost unnoticeable to those around me, but there was some serious panic going on in my head (and my stomach).

I ate pumpkin.

It was hidden in a tiny, bite-sized pie. The woman offering it mumbled and I thought she said "apple," which happens to be my favorite kind of pie.

Disaster.

I nearly gagged right there in front of the DC PAC world.

For those who are unaware, I hate pumpkin. To the point where I tell people, "no thank you, I'm allergic." It is that bad. I don't know why I hate it, but I do, and that fact was reaffirmed last night as I literally choked down this tiny little disgusting pie and tried not to gag on my friends.

I'm going to stop writing now because just thinking about this tragic event is making me gag. Blech.

Lesson: If the server mumbles, ask them to speak up!

No comments:

Post a Comment