Saturday, December 4, 2010

Status Update

24 weeks pregnant. 16 weeks until my due date.

Not much new, unless you count feeling great as 'new.' I've finally kicked the cold that wouldn't die, and I'm not yet to the part where I'm swollen and miserable. I'm doing my best to enjoy this time and appreciate the 'cute' part before it all goes down hill again!

BUT, I did get weighed on Friday and oops! I've gained a little more than my doctor and I had hoped. I'm not over my allotted weight yet, but considering that I have 16 weeks to go it is looking like it could easily get out of control. My doctor didn't say much other than "be careful, especially with the holidays," but I have a plan. I know why I've put on so much extra weight...dairy. I LOVE milk, I eat yogurt on a regular basis, and I have two kinds of icecream in the freezer (ok, three).

Dairy always does this to me, and I always hope that 'this time' will be different but it turns out that I'm as suceptable to dairy's evil weight piling abilities during pregnancy as I am during nonpregnancy. Bummer.

Looks like I'll be cutting back on the cereal, switching to nuts ands fruits instead of yogurt, and keeping my icecream intake to a minimal (and pre-8pm) level.

I'm not trying to lose weight, but I will be trying to 'maintain' it a bit more effectively.

Perhaps I'll even throw in a few lunch time eliptical appointments during the week, and actually start walking the dogs instead of just sending them out in the morning...don't hold your breath, hounds, but I'll try.

1 comment:

  1. Don't cut back too much on that calcium! Your baby needs it and in your 3rd trimester he or she will actually take it from your BONES if you're not getting enough!

    ReplyDelete