Friday, January 7, 2011

Growth Accelerators

That is what our pastor calls difficult people. Growth Accelerators. I have them -lots of them - would you like to borrow one? or four? I'd be happy to loan them out to someone else for a little while.

At the moment I feel surrounded. They are in my personal life, my work life, my church life, and any other life I might have a smidgen of time for these days. My husband (who is not the annoying kind of Growth Accelerator, he is a good one) has been a champion of this view lately. He has been trying, quite patiently I might add, to point out these opportunities to me - opportunities to pray for those that are merciless, difficult, inconsiderate, immature, and just plain mean. And he also points out that these are opportunities to pray for myself and my growth as I try to deal with these people in a manner that would, if not make Him smile, at least not make Jesus cringe.

So, to all of my Growth Accelerators out there, you may be able to frustrate, exhaust, or anger me and even make me cry but you will never break me because I am not my own, I belong to someone much more powerful and important than you. I'll try to respond with love, I will apologize when I fail, I will pray for you, I will pray for me, and I will grow.

Though, I may find a nice cave to sit in tomorrow just to avoid it all - I really could use a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment