Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm Excited About: Carmen!

My little Carmacita is coming to visit today! She arrives this afternoon around 4:30 via Mega Bus, which conveniently drops off passengers about a block from my office.

I have no idea what we'll do this weekend, especially since I'm not supposed to over-exert myself physically (makes being touristy tough when you're not supposed to walk at speed for more than a few feet at a time...) but I'm sure we'll have fun no matter what we decide!

I think the most interesting little factoid about my Carmacita is that I love her so much that when I moved to DC I kind of acquired a DC version of her. I swear it wasn't on purpose, and I didn't even realize it until the two of them met, but Tina and Carmen...kind of the same person...


Carmen is also one of my 'little sisters' from Salem. I think she officially has another Big, but I claim her as mine anyway! She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and is a constant source of entertainment in my life.

I'm so excited that she is coming to visit, I'm sure I'll be completely exhausted by the time the weekend is over but it will all be worth it!

And also, Happy (30th) Birthday to my big brother, Rob!

2 comments:

  1. Um, how do you spell "jealousy?" A-R-Y-N!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Carmen is there. You told me but I forgot. Also, I like the pic you posted for Rob's b-day. Same one I chose! (Great minds....)

    ReplyDelete