Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day

Am I the only one that thinks this should be a federal holiday? I bet Punxsutawney Phil would agree.

The DC area is celebrating Groundhog Day with rain, freezing rain, and snow...again. We're expecting anywhere from 4-6 more inches tonight and tomorrow, on top of the 1-2 inches we still have on the ground.

The good news is we're already moved into our home and we have plenty of unpacking to do should we get snowed in. Also, more good news, our dog loves snow! He's content to romp around in it, dive into banks of it, and sometimes try to eat it, and now that we have a fenced in back yard he can do all of that without one of us being outside with him!

My awesome boss just came and broke the weather news to me, but he also told me to head home early so for that I am grateful.

I hope it is more snow than ice, and I hope there is at least a 2 hour delay in the morning to make all of the worrying and driveway-salting worth while.

Happy Groundhog Day, here's hoping your 6 more weeks of winter are dryer than ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment