Monday, February 1, 2010

We Survived! (Again)

We are officially residents of Arlington, VA again. Frank is returning the keys to the old apartment today (and picking up one last thing that would not fit in the U-Haul, any of the 3 SUVs, or the 3 other cars full of our stuff).

The place is great - and our friends are AH-mazing! We had 7 people help us from 10am to 4pm, then 4 more reinforcements came in around 5pm to give us a second wind and help us get some of the furniture placed and boxes unpacked. I'm telling you, there is no way we could have done this without each and every one of them.

The first crew got all of our stuff loaded into the truck and the cars, they helped me clean the apartment, take out trash, drive it all over to the new place, unload everything, take furniture upstairs, take stuff to the basement, and maintain sanity. We bribed them with pizza, but honestly, that wasn't much of a bribe considering how much stuff we own!

Thank you so much Matt & Katie, Chaz & Holly, Dave, Zach, and Tina for all of your heavy lifting!

Then, just as we thought it was over...in came the Connallys and the Bairds! We still had Tina there, too! We got a second wind and managed to get the living room and dining room into functioning order (like, you can sit down on couches, and put away dishes and stuff). Tina and I put together the bedroom so that Frank and I could crash later with minimal effort. Thanks to the Connallys and the Bairds our apartment is livable and navigable, two things I didn't expect to happen until later this week. The Connallys even moved all of the office furniture into the middle of the room so that the room is ready to be painted! The Bairds helped to clean, unpack, and move boxes like only the Bairds can.

We are so very grateful for our friends.

No we just need to keep unpacking and get to painting! We'll be ready for visitors by May :)

I'll take pictures soon so that we can have a "Before and After" post later, but for now there are a few things stopping me:
1. I don't know where my camera is
2. I don't know where my computer is
3. We don't have internet at home yet
4. I can't upload pictures at work

So you'll just have to wait

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I agree...you've got some OUTSTANDING friends! So happy the move went well. BTW, your snow shoes are finally packed and ready to mail. If it doesn't turn to sleet again today, I may actually make it to the P.O.
    Waiting patiently for pictures. Love to you and FAW.

    ReplyDelete