Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm Excited About: Massage Edition

I'm getting a massage tonight. Need I say more?

I cannot wait, this is about 6 months overdue and if I waited one more day I think my back would have held an outright revolt. I hold most of my tension and stress in my upper back with my legs taking any left over tension and holding it in my quads.

A couple of years ago it was getting close to Christmas and Frank was deciding what gifts he should get for me. I do my best to be straight forward and honest and not desperately hope for things that I've never mentioned to him before - that being said, I'm pretty sure I had said (a few times) I would LOVE a massage, like a real one, with a massage therapist. So, I hoped and waited and ..... did not get a massage. Want to know why?

Because Bill Simmons' wife, The Sports Gal, who occasionally writes for his columns listed a massage gift certificate as "cop out" gift (Week 13) for wives/girlfriends/etc! I was furious! I love spa gift certificates and I really do want it. I wrote a mean email to Sports Guy and told him that his wife ruined my Christmas.

After that I told Frank, flat out, that a massage was a wonderful gift and that I would be happy to get one every Christmas, birthday, anniversary, or for any other gift-giving occasion.

I'm glad we got that settled.

Tonight I'm going to Massage Envy - I think I've mentioned them before. If you've never had a massage I recommend you call them to schedule an appointment because they run a $50 special for first time clients. $50 for a 50 minute massage - woo!

1 comment: