Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We Apologize for the Interruption in Service

I went to bed last night around 10:30pm and woke up sick as a dog at 1am. After trying to go back to sleep, I continued to wake up ever 20-30 minutes because I was so sick.

Frank was an absolute champ! He rubbed my back, brought me a blanket (when I couldn't leave the bathroom and was freezing), and he scraped snow off the car at 3:45am so that he could drive me to the hospital.

Lucky for us the ER was not busy and I was in a room in no time, flat. I liked my nurses and doctors, except for the morning doctor - he was kind of a jack ass, but I was as nice as I could be to him because Frank doesn't like it when I am mean to people in positions of authority. At one point, when he was trying to tell me that there was nothing he could do for my nausea, the nausea that had been controlled for hours and had suddenly come back, I did say "So, you're saying 'that just sucks'?" He eventually gave me more nausea meds, well my nurse did and then we packed up to leave. Not surprisingly, I got sick one more time for good measure at the hospital but we left anyway.

Frank drove us to the pharmacy to get my pain and nausea meds then drove us home where I promptly took my meds and fell asleep. 7 hours later I woke up feeling hungover. I guess that is what dehydration feels like.

So, off to eat some apple sauce and gatorade.

Don't get sick in a snow storm - it is pretty terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment