Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Still Here

I haven't been into the office since Thursday, February 4th. We're still looking at 2 feet of snow on the ground outside and we're expecting another 10-20 inches between noon today and 9pm tomorrow night.

That's right, I could see 4 feet of snow on the ground for the first time in my life. At which point I am packing up my husband and my hound and we're moving south.

Not really, but I had a dream about it last night and it was awesome.

Frank assures me that his camera is in the car so I'll make sure I get it out of the car before the snow starts up again and buries our car, again.

Hamilton is tiring of the snow and I am tiring of being in the house. Our road is still covered in snow/ice and is essentially a one-lane road at this point. Metro buses aren't running on side roads and the metro rail service isn't using outdoor tracks.

I used to think snow days were fun! Free vacation, an extra day to do stuff, but now after this many days cooped up and at least two more staring me in the face I'm over it.

On the plus side we have not lost power, we have plenty of food, and lots of painting and unpacking has been getting done.

I'll finish painting the bedroom today and maybe even start on the living room. Maybe I'll even have time to take "before" pictures of downstairs, too.

I hope you're day is lovely and full of sunshine and blissfully lacking in snow!


1 comment:

  1. I'm done with this snow too. It's not going to melt until April.

    ReplyDelete