Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm Excited About: Birthday Parties

Frank and I have two birthday parties to attend this weekend - one is for a little one's first birthday, and the other is a birthday party for a soon to be mom who is about my age!


I love birthday parties because I love birthdays! I really enjoy the opportunity to celebrate a loved one on their special day.


I'm also looking forward to the hilarity that is a 1 year old's party. I love the parents of this child, and knowing them this event will be a fantastic combination of baby chaos and adult fun times! Frank has asked if bringing the gift of bourbon would be appropriate....I'm not entirely sure, but seeing as the birthday girl's daddy is from Alabama, it might be the favorite gift of the day.


The other neat thing about this little one's birthday party is that I so clearly recall the day she was born. It was two days after the baby shower for her mom, two weeks ahead of schedule! She decided to come in the midst of last year's crazy winter storms, setting up what is likely to be a dramatic life from day 1.

Happy birthday to both birthday girls! We're looking forward to celebrating with you this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment