Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

New tradition! Thankful Thursday. Here we go:

I am thankful for my friends. I've been blessed with some amazing friends throughout my life, beginning in preschool and continuing through today. Some of those friends I've known for 27 years (almost 28), while others that I've known for less than a year make me wonder what life was like before they came along.

I'm one of those people that didn't hate high school, and I think it was because I had so many awesome friends that I got to see every day. I'm still friends with a lot of people from high school, from all different groups, and I love it!

College brought a whole new kind of friend - almost exclusively female, for starters - and I can't tell you how much of an impact those girls have had on my life. I can call one of my college friends and pick up a conversation that started months or years ago, and it seems that no time has passed!

I don't live close to many of my high school or college friends these days, so I treasure the times when we are together! Going home to either of the Carolinas is such a treat for me, and it makes me miss my friends every time I leave.

The friends that Frank and I have made in Northern Virginia have had an enormous impact on our lives. We have friends from work, church, and 'other' and I can't imagine what it would be like to live here without them!

I am so blessed to have so many friends that really truly love me. I truly can never thank them enough for all of the ways that they make my life better, though I try when I have the chance.

Thank you to everyone that I call a friend - I hope that I am as good at loving you as you are at loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment