Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Something about Cherryblossoms

I can't tell you why, and I promise it isn't on purpose, but for some reason Frank and I plan major life events that are set to coincide with the first day of the National Cherry Blossom Festival.

Three years ago we were married on March 29th - the same day that the 2008 Festival kicked off.

This year, the festival kicks off on March 26th, my due date.

Maybe in three years we'll close on a house on March 29th, which should be the first day of the 2014 Cherry Blossom Festival.

I guess for now I'll hope that kiddo comes a little early and perhaps I can make it out to the tidal basin while the blossoms are still out. (because every good DC Metro area resident knows you don't go into the city at very beginning of the festival - too many tourists!)

No comments:

Post a Comment