Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Placebo...so what?

Every now and then my husband will scoff at something and claim that there is a good chance that it is only a placebo and has no real affect on you or the situation, its only affect is that you think it has one.

My general response? So what?

Lately, as in the last two days, I've stopped over at a small coffee/bagel/sandwich shop on my way to work to grab a cup of coffee. It is delicious, it is $1.75, and it is decaf.

That's right, I am willfully and knowingly indulging in the placebo affect of morning (decaf) coffee. So sue me.

It tastes good, it warms my tummy, it doesn't give me heartburn, it doesn't make my baby spaz out, and it lets my save my caffeine allowance for later in the afternoon should I really really really NEED a Diet Coke.

I guess my point is (do I have to have one?), I don't mind a good placebo and if that version of 'mind over matter' really works, I'm all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment