Monday, September 21, 2009

We Survived!

Frank and I had one heck of a week and weekend, and I'm happy to report that we made it through to the other side! A quick recap:

Thursday: I had to skip class due to a work commitment. My company's Board of Directors was in town for their annual meeting and we had a reception for them on the Hill. The reception was held in the LBJ room, right outside the Senate floor - the room was really nice and from what I hear, the food was awesome! We got a lot of Senators and a fair share of Representatives, along with a lot of staff. The entire event was a success, but I was happy to have it end as I had been standing in 2.5 inch heels on slate floor for about 5 hours... Then I met Frank at my office and we set off for Cary, NC. Frank was a saint and drove the entire way down. I was so tired that I was bordering on delirious and having trouble answering simple questions. We arrived at Win & Gregs' around 1am, went straight upstairs to bed and slept until 11:30 the next morning.

Friday: woke up around 11:30 and considered going back to sleep. My high school friend Adair called from the road and we set up plans to meet up in Durham for lunch and then wedding prep. We got to Durham and met up with Adair, Shannon, and Melissa & Kevin at their hotel then drove .1 miles (across the street) to a Mexican restaurant for a wonderfully predictable lunch! After a lot of the usual fare and a few pitches of margaritas we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the evening's main event.

Ta Da!


The wedding was beautiful! Abigail looked absolutely amazing and the look on Jason's face was wonderful. The music came from a string quartet off to the side and it made the sound seem to float over the pond to the ceremony site. I didn't take pictures because I forgot and I was so taken with the entire thing (sorry mom), but I'm on the email list so I'll have pictures as soon as they are ready! The reception was in a building looking over the wedding site and I LOVED the lights at dinner


It was a great wedding and I'm so happy for Abigail & Jason - I can't wait for them to move to DC next fall!

All for now, I'll fill in the rest of the weekend in another post

No comments:

Post a Comment