Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to School

School started two weeks ago for Frank, and it starts today for me. I have two classes this semester, Political Parties & Elections and Legislative Politics. Tonight is LP - and from the syllabus it looks like the professor is pretty intense. A lot of reading and a "weekly one-pager" to go along will keep me busy! Both courses are part of the Masters in Legislative Affairs program at GWU's Graduate School of Political Management (GSPM) so I expect to be in class with a fair number of masters candidates and even a couple PhD candidates. I'm earning a graduate certificate in PAC Management, and so far I've managed to get A's in all of my other courses - I have a feeling this isn't going to continue through the semester. One of the professors said in the syllabus, "An A is given for near perfection," this makes me think that A's are rarely earned in her course.

To go along with school, it became fall on Monday. Apparently someone told the DC Metro area that kids were returning to school and the temperature dropped so quickly and drastically that I had to pull out heavier sweaters and jackets just to take the dog outside in the morning! I'm hoping the warm/hot weather will come back for a couple of weeks, but up here you never know.

With the end of summer came the end of our vacation travels. Our next trip will be to Cary/Durham, NC for my high schoool friend Abigail's wedding at Duke Gardens. We'll be staying with the Androneys and I can't wait! It will be so fun to see some of my best friends from back home, and then to top it off spending time with Win & Greg (and smudge!) will just be a blast! We've got a few weeks until that trip, and I must say it is nice to just be home sometimes.

I'm off to work with a to-do list as long as my arm, and I need to squeeze in reading the Articles of Confederation between now and 6pm....we'll see how that goes.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment