Thursday, May 13, 2010

Contacts v Glasses

I've been bouncing back and forth between contacts and glasses for a long time now. I usually end up going back to glasses because they are just easier. For example:
1. You don't have to poke yourself in the eye
2. Glasses don't stop working in high wind gusts or dusty environments
3. Glasses are lower maintenance while traveling
4. I've been told that glasses can correct my vision better than contacts because of my astigmatism.
5. You don't have to change glasses when they get sticky.

But, for some reason, I'm back onto contacts again. The good news is:
1. The doctor adjusted my prescription and I'm seeing better.
2. It makes wearing sunglasses easier.
3. It makes wearing make up easier.
4. My husband likes #3.
5. I'm wearing a new brand that is less 'shifty' and less 'sticky' than the last ones I tried.

I'm still not entirely sold, as I find myself blinking furiously a few times a day, but these are better than some others I've worn. Since summer is around the corner (it is 50 degrees right now, therefore summer isn't here yet) and I'll be using my sunglasses more often, I'm giving contacts another shot. We'll see how things go - but no promises! When I'm feeling lazy I'll still return to my glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment