Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm Excited About: Roller Coaster Edition

Next weekend is graduation weekend, and this Saturday I have enough on my to-do list to fill three Saturdays, so Sunday I'm going to ride some roller coasters!

Saturday is going to be a fun but busy day. There is laundry to do, tires to have fixed, a baby shower to attend, and a ladies brunch and clothes swap after that. I'm looking forward to it, but I know I'm going to be plain worn out at the end of the day. Why would I then head off to a theme park for the day?

Because my friend, Ali and I have been talking about going to Kings Dominion for years now and I'm tired of waiting!

They have something like 15 roller coasters, one of which involves water which might be nice around midday. Their water park section isn't open yet, but that is fine with me because I don't do water parks - the idea of sharing water with that many people makes me cringe. I can get over the occasional log flume or river rapid ride, but the areas where you can see all of the people just sitting in the water....ick!

I think the ride that I'm the most excited about is the new coaster, The Intimidator. That's right, it is named after the great #3 and I can't wait! They also have The Hurler, an old wooden coaster that I'm guessing is the same as the one by the same name at Carrowinds.

So, I'll see you on Monday, no doubt tired and sunburned but also very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment